Thursday, June 7, 2012

Project #4: iPad Case

After I made my new purse, I wanted a new case for my iPad as well. I followed this pattern for the slipcase, but I added about 4 inches to the length of the main body so that the top would fold over more.

I also doubled the width of the pocket and folded it over so that it was lined. Before I folded it in half and sewed it, however, I added a piece of velcro to the pocket so that the stitching would be hidden. I stitched the opposite side of the velcro to the exterior fabric before stitching it to the lining fabric.

Other than that, I followed the tutorial pretty much exactly.

I made it a little too wide, so the iPad shifts around a little in the case, but for a first attempt I think it came out pretty well :)


Post a Comment