Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recipe Week 2: Lemon, Lime & Thyme Cookies





For my next recipe, I tried another Joy the Baker recipe ( I'll branch out to another author next week, I swear! ). This one is from her cookbook on page 190.


The recipe is basically a shortbread recipe with a little bit of fanciness added. The first unique bit is that the sugar is changed to citrus sugar by rubbing in lemon and lime zest.


Next you cream the butter in an electric mixer.


Then, add in the sugar and some thyme.


Once the rest of the dough is mixed together, roll the dough in wax paper. The recipe says to chill at least 3 hours to overnight. I made mine a couple days ahead of time.

Once you're ready to bake them, you just roll out the dough and cut out the cookies. Simple!


These cookies are slightly sweet and go great with a big glass of milk. They were definitely a hit with my family :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment