Sunday, May 17, 2015

Wedded Bliss

I'm sitting in my office staring at my beautiful bouquet and the remnants of the flowers from our reception, and I'm astounded at how much of a weight lifts once the festivities are done. The last of our house guests have gone home, the cake is in the freezer, and the dress I spent so long stitching is hanging in the closet while I wait for a preservation kit to come in the mail. It's all done. Sure, there will be thank you cards to write, but I no longer have to worry about place cards and menus, centerpieces and garters. The biggest event of my life has come and gone, and now I can just enjoy my new husband and the peace and quiet in our house.

It's always strange to me, the ending of things. It leaves a void that I often struggle to fill. I have half a wardrobe of clothes I want to make before our Caribbean honeymoon, but nothing will be as time consuming of the various projects I completed for the wedding. Until we have a child of our own getting married decades from now, this will be the last big event for us. And, honestly, that's perfectly okay with me. Hubby and I will be perfectly content not to experience this level of stress any time soon.

In the next few weeks I'll be posting bits and pieces from the projects I took on for my wedding, including my dress. Until then, I intend to relax as much as possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment