Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Project #3: A New Purse!

So, almost a month ago now, I bought a new iPad. Unfortunately, the purse I had been using religiously for over a year is entirely too small for an iPad. So, there was only one thing for me to do :)

I purchased a limited edition kit from Charlie's Aunt. However, you can buy the pattern here and you can also buy some of the fabric at her site here.

All I needed to purchase was a yard of lining fabric and the interfacing. Here are the materials all laid out:

And then after I had cut out all of my pieces:

I didn't take too many pictures of the construction process. The pattern is exceptionally well diagrammed, so as long as you follow along well it is pretty simple to put together. The only adjustment I made was that I sewed the buttons to the flap before I stitched closed the side so that the stitching is hidden. Sewing buttons is still one of the things I'm messier at, so hiding my hand stitches is always preferred.

Here is the finished product, with plenty of room inside for my iPad. Also, you can see the coin purse I made before. It's been handy for keeping the purse organized.


Post a Comment