Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Recipe A Week

I love to cook. I blame my grandmother, she had me helping her bake by the time I was 6 so now the kitchen always feels like a place where I should be making something. I confess that I eat mostly frozen dinners lately, and it makes me a little guilty because I know I would be happier and healthier if I cooked more.

Unfortunately, it's only me in the apartment at the moment so I've been unmotivated to make anything for myself. I generally use food as a way of expressing affection ( and, let's be real here, to impress people with my mad skills, I'm not entirely without pride ), so I tend not to cook when it's just me. However, that doesn't stop me from buying cookbooks by the bundle and adding new recipes to my pinboard at a daily increasing rate.

So, because I love making more work for myself, I'm going to set myself another goal. In addition to making 27 Things, I will try a new recipe every week, and then post about it here. I promise to make at least one, but I know I will probably have a few weeks where I have a lot of energy and I'll make a bunch of stuff :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment